When I heard that Maybelline was going to launch an eyeshadow palette for the first time in South Africa, I was thinking “YES people! Thank you for coming!” Because I feel like brands are really starting to up their game in the South African beauty industry. The beauty community in SA is growing at a rapid rate and everywhere people are more interested in buying makeup than food actually. lol!
So let’s have a look at the Rock Nudes Limited Edition palette (yip… when it’s sold out, it’s gone forever)
This palette consists of “12 curated shades from raw, smoky, cool-toned neutrals to a shot of dangerous black”. I think it’s pretty awesome that you can just walk into a store, buy one palette, go home and be able to create so many versatile looks with it. From your every day office look to the single and ready to mingle smoky look, this palette can offer all of that for just R199,95 at any Clicks, Dischem or other pharmacies.
Looking at the pigmentation of the shades, I would say that your lighter shades like the white, cream and taupe is definitely less pigmented than your black , purples and blues. This tells me that you will be able to rock a pretty sick dramatic look. All these shades range from matte to shimmer and glitter, so the endless combinations can really have people turn heads when you walk into a room.
So I challenged myself to really create an edgy makeup look with this palette, but also making it possible for you guys to recreate it as well… so that meant, no lashes, no liner… eeek… I was challenged, but I love the way it turned out and I also created the below pictorial to show you guys the easy step by step to creating this Edgy Rocker Look:
- Start by applying a good eyeshadow base, you want to make sure that the shadow really sticks and that the pigmentation of the shades show off beautifully.
- Then use any tape or sticker to have a guideline for the edgy shadow wing, and gently place that at an upwards angle
- Pick up a fluffy blending brush and use the violet matte shade to lightly create a transition shade in the crease area
- With a flat shader brush, you can pick up the cream matte and highlight the brow bone area.
- Next you can use the same brush to pick up lots and lots of white shadow. Pack that into the tearducts as well as about 2 thirds of the eyelid. Repeat this step a few times so the white is really prominent.
- Pick up the blue shadow and pack that onto the outer V area.
- Now you can pick up some of the glitter black and pack that on the blue shadow as well. This is really going to pump up the volume on the darkness of the look.
- Take your blending brush and lightly blend into the crease, as well as tap onto the white to create a gradient effect of the black smoking into the white.
- Remove the tape, and add some of the blue , followed with black glitter onto the lower lashline, connecting it with the edgy shadow wing that the tape has provided. You can choose if you want the wing to have that sharp edge… I blended mine in a bit to soften it.
- With an angled eyeshadow brush, take some of the matte black and slightly trace the top lashline to make it more smoky.
- Finish off this look by using lots and lots of mascara. Add more layers to have your lashes looking long and dramatic
See? im sure this will be super duper easy to recreate at home… So I hope you like this look? Let’s jump straight into the giveaway shall we?
Maybelline has been so kind to sponsor this giveaway. So I am super thrilled to team up with them in giving one lucky follower a Rock Nudes Palette. You can enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Just follow the steps above.
- If you share the giveaway on FB, I will add more points to your name (will check on FB shares!)
- Giveaway for SA Residents only.
- Winner will be emailed, if no reply is received within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen